Atomic Aquatics Split Fins Smoke on the Water Review
Split fins for scuba divers have become the most popular fins used by divers today. These type of fins have been compared to a combination between a whales or dolphins tale and propeller producing easier movement through the water with less drag than is experienced with full bladder fins. Atomic Aquatics is considered to be one of the best manufactures of split fins and their fins are known to be an easy kicking, high thrust fin that delivers on both speed and efficiency when propelling you through the water. This companies split fins are the only fins which includes their advance spring straps as standard on their fins.
Many fans of the Atomic Aquatics split fins will argue that their ‘Smoke on the Water’ fins are the best split fins available on the market today.
Features of the Smoke on the Water Fins
The Atomic Aquatics split fins Smoke on the Water fins have many features that make these fins both popular and unique. These features include:
- Extremely adjustable– The spring loaded strap on the back combined with the large rubber thumb loop makes these fins easy to get on and on and off.
- Easy Release Pinch Clip for Straps- The easy release pinch clip that allows you to remove the straps makes it easy to remove the straps from fins for packing in a suitcase to take on vacation.
- Good Size Foot Section- The foot section has plenty room, making it possible for users to use these fins with a diving booties.
- Side Ribbing- The side ribbing on the Smoke on the water fins allows for some stiffness in the water.
- Split Fin- The spit fin design creates a propeller effect that creates a vortex behind you that helps propel you forward with less effort.
- Sturdy Blade Section on Fin’s underside- The sturdy blade section makes for efficient cutting through the water.
- Good Grip on Foot Section- The grip on the foot section of these fins makes it easy if you need to walk in these fins.
- Lightweight- These fins are lightweight making it easy for people with knee and ankle joint problems to dive longer without pain or fatigue.
- 1 year Limited Warranty
Our investigation of these fins, shows that the Smoke on the Water fins are a durable, well made fin that makes it easy to propel yourself underwater without causing ankle, leg or knee fatigue and strain.? They are definitely a fin worth investing your money in if you take snorkeling or diving seriously.
What the Reviews Say
There are plenty of reviews for the Atomic aquatics split fin ‘Smoke on the Water’ fins scattered across the Internet and these reviews are exceptionally positive. The reviews clearly show that everyone from beginning divers to professional dive instructors use these fins regularly and find many benefits when using these fins. Some of these benefits include:
- Fins are easy to get on and off
- Studier than most other split fins
- Takes less effort to propel you through the water
- Less leg, knee, and ankle fatigue than other fins
Some users do find that these fins are better suited for water without strong currents and suggest that some people may need to use ankle weights with these fins. A few other users mentioned that due to the length of these fins they could difficult to pack.
Overall, Most people who tried these Smoke on the Water fins really liked them and state they are a great split fin and they would recommend them to others without hesitation. There is little doubt that most users find these to be a high quality fin perfect for diving or snorkelling.